About Susanna Fiore
For more info: 781-642-1135 email: email@example.com Read about Susanna in the Waltham News Tribune
The study of music at any age is a joyful adventure full of discovery and challenges for both teacher and student. Having the skills to be comfortable in different musical situations, from solo to duet to ensemble, leads to a life long engagement with music.
Developing skill in improvising and composing as well as sight-reading opens the way for music to be a vehicle for self-expression and creativity.
|1991-1995||Taught piano, group keyboard at Winchester Community Music School and Performing Arts Center in Framingham
|1994-1997||Taught Dalcroze Eurhythmics at Creative Arts Center in Reading, Suzuki School of Newton, Dana Hall School in Wellesley, New School of Music in Cambridge, Powers Music School in Belmont.
|1995 -||Established Fiore Piano Studio in Waltham and currently teaching there.
|1996-2004||Taught Making Music and Musikgarten classes for age 16 months - 5 years at Powers Music School
|2004-2020||Taught private piano and Keys for Kids classes at Powers Music School. Served as Head of Keys for Kids program at Powers 2010 - 2020|
Susanna Fiore performs jazz piano and West African/Latin percussion with Muse Stew Latin Jazz band, Susanna Fiore/Jay Girill Duo, Susanna Fiore Trio with vocalist Caryn Sandrew, Rhythm and Keys duo with Nurudafina Abena and as a solo artist.
Ms. Fiore has performed in many venues including the Waltham River Fest, Cambridge River Fest, Marblehead Arts Fest, Live on WERS radio, Waltham Public Library, Belmont Public Library, Watertown Public Library, Johnny D's Nightclub, Ryles Jazz Club, LilyPad in Cambridge, Jazz Brunch at the Dot2Dot restaurant in Boston, Beech St. Senior Center in Belmont, Marist Hill Nursing Home in Waltham and many more.
- Dalcroze Certificate, Longy School of Music
- Classical Piano with Alison Barr, Gregory Slovik, Longy School of Music
- Musikgarten Certificate: birth thru adult including keyboard
- Early childhood training with Ruth Rubinow, Brookline Music School
- Music Together training with Kenneth Guilmarten
- Keys for Kids training with Inga Magid
- Jazz piano with Charlie Bonacos, Jeff Covell
- African, Latin percussion with Nurudafina Abena
- Classical Trumpet with Jean Snodgrass, New England Conservatory
- Jazz Trumpet with Ken Cervenka Berklee School of Music